Frequently Asked Questions - Carpet Cleaning
What is your cleaning process?
We actually have a 5-step process - That's about 3 more steps than the average carpet cleaner!
1. First things first...VACUUM VACUUM VACUUM! It's so important to get as much of the dry dust, dirt, and soiling out of the carpet as possible. Everyone knows what happens when you put water on dust & dirt...yuck!
We use only the highest quality vacuum - a Lindhaus with a high efficiency Hepa filter (the same vacuum cleaner chosen by the Pentagon for post 9/11 cleanup)
2. Next comes a child & pet friendly spray treatment - at this time we'll need access to a sink or water source for about a gallon or two of water.
3. Scrub time! Mechanical cleaning (the act of manually scrubbing) is the only way to really get something clean. Imagine if your washing machine didn't agitate...or if you didn't scrub that pan...or use a brush in the toilet...yikes!
4. Hot Water Extraction - This is a hot water rinse - You can think of it like rinsing all the soap and leftover particles off a dirty pan you just scrubbed.
5. The final step varies based on your needs - Stubborn spots sometimes need an extra treatment. Tough odors, like pet accidents, sometimes need an extra deodorizing spray. You can also opt to have a carpet protector applied or use our "speed dry" service.
How long does it take to dry?
This question doesn't have one single answer. Drying time does vary depending your type of carpet, if there is much air flow in the room, and even what the temperature is. We can tell you though, our powerful equipment was custom made by one of the most talented private manufacturers of truck mounted carpet cleaning equipment in the USA. This equipment pulls most of the moisture out of the carpet during the final rinse process leaving most carpet just nicely damp. This means that most carpet is dry in hours, not days. Of course, if you need your space speed dried just ask for our speed dry option.
When can I walk on the carpet?
In the most ideal situation you should wait to walk on the carpet until it's fully dry, but that isn't always a possible scenario! If you need to walk on your freshly cleaned, damp carpet you should make sure that ABSOLUTELY NO DIRT gets on there. Use bare feet, clean socks, bedroom slippers, or maybe it's time to break out those brand new flip flops you've been saving.
How much does it cost?
It depends...our pricing is very fair and our quality of work is extremely high. We have received "Best of the Best" for Marshall County for 6 years now! Our prices are very comparable to other carpet cleaning companies in the area...sometimes even lower! (Our average cleaning is 3 rooms, going around furniture, no pets, and ends up at about $125-$150 after tax.) If you want to get an exact, to the penny price, call us to schedule an estimate. If you don't mind a ballpark figure we can usually get you a close estimate by asking you a few simple questions over the phone.